I will admit that I’ve been a crock pot girl for most of my adult like but I’m discovering that when it comes to quick and easy meals, the Instant Pot is the bomb! Not only does it allow me to cook my meals fast (and I do mean FAST) but I’m being able to come up with better-than-take-out recipes that my family adores and that I can feel good about serving. If your family is like mine and loves Chinese takeout on busy weeknights or even on the weekends, I encourage you to give this Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein that’s better than take-out and so easy to make a try!
If you don’t already have an Instant Pot, get yours here!
Let me tell you, this dish is fast and flavorful and it’s sure to be an instant favorite that replaces takeout in your home! The next time you’re short on time but want a meal that’s completely satisfying, give it a try!
- 1lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 5-6 whole mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 7 ounces lo mein noodles
- sliced green onions for garnish if desired
- Place chicken, oil, garlic and onion into the instant pot. Sautee mixture until chicken is brown.
- Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and water. Add pasta and mix to make sure it's covered in liquid.
- Place lid on instant pot and seal. Close the pressure release valve. Set instant pot to manual, high pressure for 5 minutes. When cooking cycle is complete, quick release the steam and open the pot.
- Stir before serving with sliced green onions.
How to Make It
You’re going to love how easy this Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is to make! To start, I placed my chicken, oil, garlic and onion into the instant pot and sauteed the mixture until the chicken was brown.
Once my chicken was cooked, I poured in my soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and water.
With the majority of my ingredients in my Instant Pot, I added my noodles and made sure that they were covered in liquid.
Then all that I had to do was let the Instant Pot do it’s magic! After placing the lid on and sealing it, I closed the pressure release valve and set the Instant Pot to manual, high pressure for five minutes. Once the cooking cycle was complete, I quick released the steam and opened the pot to reveal my perfectly cooked Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein! After giving it a quick stir, I plated my easy meal and topped it with sliced green onions for a dinner that is sure to satisfy!
This easy Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is literally perfect for busy weeknights or in place of takeout on the weekends. Since it’s so simple to make, you won’t have to spend tons of time in the kitchen and can still have a perfect meal that satisfies every member of your family!
Tell me, what’s your favorite dish that you’ve made in the Instant Pot?