As most of you know, I’m attempting to live a lower carb lifestyle. While it’s not too incredibly difficult for me, finding lower carb dishes that my guys enjoy can prove to be somewhat more challenging. I’m a boy mom and both my boys as well as my hubby are meat and potato guys. Now, up until this point, I’ve just made my food and their food separately but you all know I love a good challenge so I decided that I could find a way to make one of their favorites…..loaded mashed potatoes….in a form that we could all enjoy. Not only did I succeed but I have to say, this Loaded Cauliflower Mash recipe puts mashed potatoes to shame and really will be one of your family’s favorite new side dishes that checks all the boxes in the low carb list!
- 4 Cups of Riced Cauliflower
- 8 Ounces of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 6-8 Slices of Bacon (cooked)
- ½ Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup of Diced Green Onions
- Steam your riced cauliflower for four minutes in the microwave.
- Add cauliflower, butter, yogurt and garlic to your mixer and mix until creamy.
- Add in ¼ cup of cheese, half of the cooked bacon and half of the diced onion and stir.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking pan and smooth out.
- Top with the remainder of the cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Once cheese is melted, sprinkle the remaining bacon and onions over the top and serve warm.
I can’t even begin to tell you how easy this Loaded Cauliflower Mash is to make and it’s quickly become a family favorite because it’s crazy delicious and low carb as well! To start, I simply steamed my riced cauliflower and added it it to my mixer along with my butter, Greek yogurt and garlic.
After mixing it until it reached a smooth consistency, I stirred in my half of my cheese, half of my bacon and half of my onion.
I immediately transferred my mixture into a greased baking dish and smoothed it out. Then I sprinkled the remainder of my cheese over the top.
Into the oven Loaded Cauliflower Bake went on 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until the cheese was bubbly and melted. Once my cheese was melted, I removed my dish from the oven and sprinkled the remainder of my bacon and onions over the top.
With my toppings in place, my Loaded Cauliflower Mash was ready to serve up as the perfect side to a variety of main dishes.
This easy side dish is one I feel great about serving my family as well as one that I can enjoy while living my lower carb lifestyle! I hope you’ll try it today and let me know what you think in the comments!
Do you live a low carb lifestyle and if so, what are some of your favorite substitutions?