You all know that I’m doing my best to rock this low carb lifestyle but I’m finding that some low carb recipes seem so complex and time consuming. Since I’m not big on spending my whole day in the kitchen (unless it involves cake which, well, doesn’t really fit the low carb lifestyle), I’m making it my mission to come up with amazing meals that can be made in less than 3o minutes and are light on carbs. While some of my attempts don’t yield the exact results I’m hoping for, I recently whipped up the easiest, tastiest, quickest 30 Minute Sheet Pan Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli and I had to share the recipe with ya’ll because, let me tell you, it is G-O-O-D!
First, let me say that this dish is so simple you can whip it up even when you’re crazy short on time. Second, let me say that you will want to make LOTS because the leftovers are just as good as the original meal and perfect for low carb lunches all week long! So read on for the recipe!
- 2 Teaspoons of Butter
- 1 and ½ Large Lemons
- 2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic
- 6 Cups of Broccoli Florets
- 1 Pound of Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- ½ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Add your butter to a bowl and melt it completely.
- Add in the juice of your lemons and your minced garlic and mix the sauce together well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out your broccoli florets in an even layer.
- Drizzle ½ of the Lemon-Garlic mixture over the broccoli florets.
- Bake the broccoli florets at 400 degrees for 12 minutes and then remove them from the oven.
- Add your peeled and deveined shrimp to the top of your broccoli.
- Top with the remaining Lemon-Garlic sauce.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
So, remember when I told you this dish was simple? It totally is but a helpful tip to make it even simpler is to buy already cut broccoli florets and raw shrimp that are peeled and deveined. That way, there is literally no work to do! To start, I simply added my butter to a bowl and melted it completely. Then I juiced my lemons right into the butter, added my garlic and stirred it all together.
Next, I laid parchment paper on my sheet pan and spread my pre-cut broccoli florets out in an even layer. Once my broccoli was laid out, I drizzled 1/2 of my lemon-garlic mixture over the top.
I then placed my broccoli in my preheated oven and cooked it at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Once my timer went off, I pulled it out, added my raw shrimp to the top of the broccoli and poured the remainder of my lemon-garlic mixture over the top.
I placed the entire dish back in the oven and cooked it for an additional 10 minutes on 400, until my shrimp had turned a beautiful pink. Once my shrimp were cooked and my broccoli was tender yet crunchy, I removed my Sheet Pan Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli from the oven and sprinkled a little more lemon juice and my Parmesan Cheese over the top.
Just like that, I had a flavorful, low carb dish that the entire family said was amazing! Truthfully, I’ve eaten it several times this week because it’s just so darn good!
All the flavors in this Sheet Pan Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli make it a great low-carb option that is definitely not lacking in taste and the ease of preparation makes it a must-try for busy moms everywhere!
Tell me, will this Sheet Pan Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli be making it only your meal plan for the coming week?