You all know that I totally dig ribs. In my family, they are pretty much our weekend dish. However, most of you also know that ribs can be hard to cook. While grilling will always be my method of choice, with winter coming and the grill perhaps being covered for the coming months necessitated that I get a little creative and come up with a new way to cook ribs. I have to say, at first I wasn’t sure how it would all work but I’m so excited that I can now share with you how to cook perfect ribs in the instant pot each and every time!
For all you Instant Pot lovers out there, isn’t it great to be able to cook everything quickly and easily? I’m gonna tell you, ribs are no different. With the right formula, you too can get tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs from the instant pot every time you cook. Here’s how to do it.
- 1 Full Rack of Ribs
- Your Favorite BBQ Seasoning or Rub
- ½ Cup of Apple Juice
- ¾ Cup of Water
- Prep your Instant Pot by plaing the cooking rack at the bottom of the pot.
- Pour the apple juice and water in.
- Coat your ribs with your favorite BBQ seasoning or rub.
- Filp the rack of meat over and cut it into sections of 3 ribs each.
- Stack the ribs in the Instant pot, creating a teepee effect.
- Pressure cook them ribs for 25 minutes then slowly let the instant pot de-pressurize for 10 minutes.
- When done, manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove your ribs from the Instant Pot and top with BBQ sauce or grill for 3 minutes on each side for a smokier taste.
Now, I’m gonna tell you, while the Instant Pot cooks these ribs perfectly, you still need to season them prior to cooking. Check out the tasty rib recipes below for inspiration.
Once you’ve decided on the seasoning for your ribs, simply rub it on and then cut your ribs into segments of 3 ribs that will fit into the Instant Pot.
Next, prepare your Instant Pot by placing the cooking rack int he bottom of the pot. Once your rack is in place, pour in your apple juice and water and stack the ribs in the Instant Pot. You’ll want to create the shape of a teepee as much as possible to ensure even cooking.
Once your ribs are arranged in the Instant Pot, pressure cook them for 25 minutes and then let them slowly de-pressurize for 10 minutes. Once your ribs are perfectly cooked, manually release any remaining pressure and then carefully remove your ribs from the Instant Pot.
Now that you’ve cooked your perfect ribs in the instant pot, all that’s left to do is add some BBQ sauce and enjoy (I recommend trying this homemade BBQ sauce recipe!). Your ribs will be perfectly tender and ready to eat or you can even throw them on the grill for about 2-3 minutes each side to give them more of a smoky flavor.
Then all that’s left to do is enjoy these amazingly tender perfect ribs in the instant pot!
Have you ever cooked ribs in the Instant Pot? What was your experience?