My mission in the new school year has been to come up with simple recipes that I can make even on the busiest days and that fill my guys up and leave their bellies happy. I’ve been using my slow cooker more and more simply because I don’t always have an hour a dinner time to prepare a meal. For me, it’s easier to put dinner in to cook around lunch time, go along with my day and come home at dinner time to a meal that’s ready to be eaten. While I have a variety of recipes that I rotate through, right now all my guys are totally in love with my crazy easy and really delicious Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches. With just a few simple ingredients and pretty much no work at all, this tasty dinner comes together quickly for nights when you’re too busy to cook but want the benefits of a home cooked meal.
To make this easy weeknight meal, follow the directions below.
- 1 Chuck Roast
- 2 Tablespoons of Worstershire Sauce
- 2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- A Dash of Pepper
- 8 Whole Wheat Rolls
- Sauteed Onions and Provolone Cheese (option for topping)
- Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker and top with worstershire sauce and pepper.
- Pour on both cans of cream of mushroom soup and add two cans of water (to cover the roast).
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred.
- Layer roast beef, sauteed onions and provolone cheese onto a whole wheat roll.
- Pair with the cream of mushroom dipping sauce the roast was cooked in and enjoy!
I’m not kidding when I say this will be the easiest meal you make all week! To start, I placed my chuck roast in the slow cooker and topped it with my worstershire sauce and pepper. Then I dumped (literally) my two cans of cream of mushroom soup in and added to cans full of water, just enough so that the roast was almost covered.
Now, there are two options for cooking. I personally like low and slow where I turn the slow cooker on love for 6 to 8 hours but if you’re in a hurry (or forgot to turn the slow cooker on like I sometimes do) you can cook the roast on high for 4 hours. Once the roast is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker (don’t throw out the juices though!) and shred it.
Immediately place the shredded beef onto a whole wheat roll and top it with sauteed onions and provolone cheese or any other toppings you would like (try lettuce, pepperoncini, tomatoes and more!).
Now for the part that really takes these Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches over the top……dip some of the roast beef juice/cream of mushroom soup mixture into a small bowl and serve it on the side for dipping….YUM!
All that’s left to do is serve up this easy meal and enjoy it because it really is delicious!
Who do you know that would love these easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches for dinner?