With the cold weather that we’ve been experiencing lately, I’ve been all about warm meals. Ever since I was a little girl, chili has been a favorite of mine. I love it in a bowl, over a potato or as part of a salad. However, to make really great chili, I’ve always had to cook it all day…until now! With a faster way to cook thanks to the Instant Pot, making the best Instant Pot Beef Chili around has never been easier. Read on for my bean-free Instant Pot Beef Chili Recipe.
For those of you who have an Instant Pot, you NEED to be making Instant Pot Beef Chili (if you’ve been on the fence about purchasing an Instant Pot, check this one out!). While I do know that chili is traditionally made with beans, my family loves our Instant Pot Beef Chili without beans and this recipe for it is easy and delicious!
- 3 lbs of ground beef
- 2 green peppers
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 (8 ounce) cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of beef
- 1 packet of chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Dice the peppers, onion and garlic.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauge mode and cook the peppers, onion, garlic and ground beef until browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Seal and lock the lid and switch the Instant Pot to Soup/Chili mode (or high pressure) and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Once done cooking, manual release the pressure.
- Unlock the lid, stir and serve with your favorite toppings.
This Instant Pot Beef Chili is so quick and easy to make (it’s ready in less than half an hour!) making it a must add to your weekly meal plan. To start, I diced up my peppers, onions and garlic. After setting my Instant Pot to saute mode, I cooked the peppers, onions, garlic and ground beef until browned.
Once my beef was browned, I added the rest of my ingredients to the Instant Pot and stirred them together.
Then I sealed and locked my lid and switched my Instant Pot to Soup/Chili mode (or high pressure) and set my timer for 15 minutes. Once the chili was done cooking, I manually released the pressure, unlocked the lid and stirred my Instant Pot Beef Chili.
Then I simply added my favorite toppings like sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, crackers and more to make my Instant Pot Beef Chili into a full meal that the entire family adores.