Life is so busy right now that I’m always looking for easier ways to get dinner on the table. I need quick and I need simple and putting those two things together can sometimes be a challenge. That’s why I’ve been doing more and more sheet pan dinners. If I can cook my entire meal on one pan and the simply toss away the foil when I’m done, it’s a total win in my book. While I use a variety of sheet pan recipes, recently my family has really been loving sheet pan lemon and herb chicken and broccoli.
This quick and easy meal uses fresh broccoli, butterfly cut chicken breasts and bold seasonings to create a family dinner that’s delicious. Here’s how to make it.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- ⅔ cup of lemon juice
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large lemon
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and flatten them out.
- Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts to a bag and pour in half of the seasoning mixture.
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to a foil lined cooking sheet, pushing it out to the edges.
- Pour the remainder of the seasoning mixture over the broccoli, tossing lightly.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts in the center of the baking sheet.
- Add slices of lemon to the top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven on 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
To make this easy sheet pan lemon and herb chicken and broccoli, I started by butterflying my chicken breasts to make them thin so they would cook faster (you can also buy thin cut chicken breasts). Once I had butterflied the chicken breasts, I used a rolling pin to flatten them out, making sure that my meat was an even thickness throughout.
With my chicken prepped, I mixed together lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasonings, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
After adding my prepared chicken breasts to a bag, I poured in half of the seasoning mixture and massaged it into the chicken breasts. Then I sealed the bag and let the mixture sit for about fifteen minutes while I completed the rest of my dish.
While my chicken was marinating, I lined a sheet pan with foil and added my broccoli florets, pushing them to the outer edge of the pan to create an empty space in the middle. Then I poured the remaining seasoning mixture over my broccoli and tossed it gently.
With my broccoli was ready, I pulled my marinated chicken breasts back out and placed them in the middle of the pan, letting them touch but not overlap.
Once my chicken was in place, I sliced my lemon and laid slices of lemon on top of the chicken (this keeps the chicken moist and flavorful while cooking). Then I simply popped my whole sheet pan into the oven and cooked my sheet pan lemon and garlic chicken and broccoli on 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until the temperature of the chicken reached 165 and the broccoli became crispy).
When I pulled my dish out, I had a completely delicious meal ready to serve that every one in my family adores.
This sheet pan lemon and herb chicken and broccoli pairs flavorful, tender chicken with crunchy broccoli for an whole meal that’s easy, quick and perfect for busy weeknights. Enjoy!