I know the school year is close to being over but I’ve still got several weeks of breakfasts coming up, not to mention that I’m trying to come up with summer breakfast ideas. In my home, I like quick and easy and the kids like fun and delicious so I’m always racking my brain to try to combine all these things to come up with the perfect breakfast food. Recently, I tried my hand at making some breakfast pancake bites (think the frozen pancakes you buy at the store but homemade) and discovered that this is a fun and fabulous breakfast idea that can be made ahead or the day of and can be topped with a variety of toppings to keep mornings fun. Read on to learn how to make Breakfast Pancake Bites with a make ahead option.
- ¾ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ⅔ cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients or just whisk them together if you don't have a sifter.
- In a second bowl, beat the milk, egg, butter and vanilla until smooth and frothy.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Whisk all the ingredients until they are well combined (a few lumps are OK).
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to pour the batter into the tins.
- Bake the breakfast pancake bites for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with toppings or freeze for later.
- If freezing, thaw in the microwave for 30-45 seconds before serving.
These easy breakfast pancake bites are so much fun to make and if your kids are like mine, they will be an instant hit! To start, I sifted together my dry ingredients (if you don’t have a sifter simple whisk the ingredients well). Next, in a second bowl I beat together my milk, butter, egg and vanilla until the mixture was smooth and frothy.
With my wet and dry ingredients prepared, I created a well in the center of my dry ingredients and poured my wet ingredients in.
After whisking until all my ingredients were well combined (some lumps are OK), I was ready to cook my breakfast pancake bites. I quickly grabbed a mini muffin pan and sprayed it with cooking spray. Then, using a cookie scoop (you can also use a tablespoon), I scooped my batter into the tins.
Into the oven my breakfast pancake bites went for 8-10 minutes, until they were cooked completely and were fluffy. After removing my breakfast pancake bites from the oven, I served some immediately and froze the rest to use during the week.
These breakfast pancake bites can be served up with chocolate chips, strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream and more. And remember those frozen ones? Well, just pull them out the freezer, pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and you’ve got days worth of breakfasts that the family will adore.