It’s no secret to anyone that I’ve made it my mission to pay more attention to what my family and I eat. While I don’t make any food groups “off limits” so to speak, I do love finding healthy ways to rethink some of our favorite meals and snacks. And anytime I can come up with an idea that the kids think is a treat while keeping things healthier? Well, that’s a total win for me! That’s why I’m so obsessed with these Better-for-You Banana Oat Cookies right now! Read on to learn how to make them.
These better-for-you banana oat cookies are seriously easy AND seriously delicious, making them the perfect summer snack for my guys. Plus, I love that they can be made with ingredients that pretty much everyone has around their home. Here’s how to do it!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 3 large bananas (mashed
- ½ cup of nut butter or tahini (almond, peanut, cashew)
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Sprinkles to keep things fun
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and link a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the sprinkles.
- Mix well with a spoon or spatula.
- Scoop large rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto your baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball into a cookie shape.
- Top with sprinkles
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden.
- Cool on tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
You’re not going to believe how easy these better-for-you banana oat cookies are to make! To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, add the bananas to a bowl and squish them well.
Add in the oats, nut butter and dark chocolate and combine well.
Add heaping tablespoons of the cookie mixture to your baking sheet and then gently flatten them to take on a cookie shape. Add sprinkles to the top and cook them for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to turn golden.
Remove the better-for-you banana oat cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.