Living at the beach for the summer, I’m eating my fair share of seafood. There is the cutest little mom and pop shop near where we are staying that sells fresh local seafood daily. You never really know from one day to the next what they will have available but it doesn’t stop anyone from standing at their doors when they open at 10am and waiting to buy seafood that was just pulled from the ocean. I’ll say that I’ve always been a lover of shrimp and my husband is pretty crazy about scallops so when these two items were the catches of the day recently, I knew I had to turn them into something delicious. By grilling the scallops and shrimp (because that’s really the best way to cook them) and serving them over Lemony Garlic Butter Pasta, I was able to create a dish that’s truly a summer must-try. Read on to learn how to make my Grilled Scallops and Shrimp over Lemony Garlic Butter Pasta.
This simple seafood dish is perfect for family, will feed a crowd and is great for making while you’re at home or on vacation. It’s quick, flavorful and easy and is definitely a favorite in my family.
- 1 pound of shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 and ½ pounds of scallops
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of pink sea salt
- 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Green onions for garnish
- Toss the shrimp and scallops in the olive oil and sea salt and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil and add the pasta, cooking according to the instructions.
- When pasta is almost cooked, add the shrimp and scallops to the grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain the pasta and add it to a bowl with the juice of one lemon, garlic, butter and Parmesan cheese. Toss well.
- Add the pasta to a serving dish.
- Top with the grilled shrimp and scallops.
- Garnish with green onions and slices of the second lemon.
This recipe for grilled scallops and shrimp on lemony garlic butter pasta starts with fresh seafood. I quickly peeled and deveined my shrimp and added both the shrimp and scallops to a bowl. I then added in my olive oil and pink sea salt and tossed the seafood in it.
Next, I set my seafood aside and boiled my water for the pasta. Once my pasta was cooking according to the directions on the package and close to being done, I had the hubs fire up the grill and add the shrimp and scallops, cooking them for about two minutes on each side, just until they were cooked completely.
Once my seafood was on the grill, I took my cooked pasta off the stove and drained and rinsed it. Then I added it back to my pan along with the juice from one of the lemons, the garlic, the butter and the Parmesan cheese. I tossed the mixture well, making sure that all the pasta was covered in all the seasonings.
After adding my pasta to a large serving dish, I topped it with my grilled scallops and shrimp and garnished the dish with green onions and slices of my remaining lemon that could be squeezed over the pasta for even more flavor.
Then I served up my grilled scallops and shrimp over lemony garlic butter pasta to my family for a feast that we won’t soon forget.
Whether you on vacation or simply looking for a delicious weeknight dish, I encourage all you seafood lovers out there to try this grilled scallops and shrimp over lemony garlic butter pasta dish. It’s now a favorite in our home and a great way to whip up a dinner that’s delicious!
Tell me, what’s your favorite way to cook seafood?