During the summer months, I’m all about meatless meals that are bursting with flavor and fit in with my keto lifestyle. While I don’t necessarily go vegetarian during the warmer months, I do eat a lot less meat so I’m always searching for substitutions that are completely satisfying. If you’re looking for a meal idea that will thrill your family without meat or if your a veggie lover looking to mix things up on the keto diet, I highly recommend that you try these Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
These Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are an easy dinner for busy weeknights and have tons of flavor while still being keto friendly and meat-free.
- 2 Large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tbsp Butter unsalted
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- ¼ c Chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp Chopped walnuts
- 1 oz. Crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Pork rind crumbs
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp White cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the stem from the mushrooms, and scrape out all of the black gills of the mushroom with the tip of a spoon.
- Place the mushrooms face own on a parchment lined baking sheet, and brush them on both sides with the olive oil.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are baking, melt ½ tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the green onions, spinach and garlic, and saute until the spinach wilts.
- Mix in the walnuts and 1 tbsp of white cooking wine. Cook the mixture down until the wine has been reabsorbed.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the goat cheese.
- Stuff each of the mushrooms with half of the mixture.
- Top each stuffed mushroom with 1 tbsp of crushed pork rinds crumbs.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Top with freshly chopped basil for garnish and serve.
This dish is actually quite simple to make and is a quick option for lunch or dinner. To start, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. Then I removed the stem fro my mushrooms, scraped out all of the black gills and placed them on a piece of parchment paper. Next, I brushed the mushrooms with olive oil and baked them for ten minutes.
While my mushrooms were baking, I melted 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and added in my green onions, spinach and garlic. I then sauteed the mixture until the spinach wilted. Once the spinach was wilted, I mixed in the walnuts and one tablespoon of cooking wine and cooked the mixture down until the wine had been absorbed. After removing the mixture from heat, I mixed in the goat cheese and then immediately stuffed each of the mushrooms with half of the mixture. Once my Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms were filled, I topped each one with one tablespoons of crushed pork rinds and popped them back in the oven for about five minutes.
As soon as my goat cheese had started to get metly, I removed my Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms from the oven, topped them with freshly chopped basil and served them immediately for a tasty dish that fits right in with my keto lifestyle.
Whether you’re living a keto lifestyle, giving up meat or simply want a tasty way to add more veggies to your diet, these Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a perfect way to do it all while serving up a meal that’s totally tasty!