With the 4th of July quickly approaching, you may be wondering what to take to all those cookouts that will impress everyone and disappear quickly. I personally love to take fun desserts and if you’re feeling patriotic, this Red, White & Blue Bundt Cake is sure to be a hit that everyone wants the recipe for! Here’s how to make it.
- 2 box of White cake mix
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 C Unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2½ C whole milk
- Red and Sky Blue gel food coloring
- 1 9in bundt cake pan
- 1 container of white cake frosting
- Red, white and blue cake sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the bundt pan with baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cake mix, egg whites, butter and milk until combined
- Scoop 2 C of the white cake batter into 1 bowl and mix in a few drops of red food coloring
- Scoop 2 C of the white cake batter into the 2nd bowl and mix in a few drops of the sky blue food coloring
- Pour half of the white cake mix into the bundt pan
- Spoon 1 spoonful of the blue batter onto the middle of the white cake batter in the pan
- Spoon 1 spoonful of the red batter next to the blue batter
- Repeat steps until the middle is filled with red and blue dollops
- Pour the remaining white batter onto the top
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan
- Place the bundt cake onto a serving plate
- Remove the foil from the frosting and place into the microwave for 30-45 seconds to make the frosting soft and pourable
- Once frosting is soft, pour over bundt cake
- Sprinkle red white and blue sprinkles all over the cake
- Allow frosting to harden before enjoying!
While this Red, White & Blue Bundt Cake looks seriously impressive (and will leave everyone who enjoys it feeling festive), it’s actually quite simple to make. If you can make a traditional box cake, you can rock this easy but fun dessert. To start, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. Then I simply mixed together my cake mix, egg whites, butter and milk until my cake batter was formed. Once I had a creamy cake batter ready, I divided the mix, added two cups to each of the mix to each of two small bowls and leaving the rest in the large mixing bowl. Into my two smaller bowls, I added a few drops of the food coloring (red to one blue to the other) and mixed it in well until I had an even color consistency. After setting my colored cake mixes aside, I greased my bundt cake pan and poured half of the white mix in.
The I simply spooned heaping spoonfulls of the colored cake mix in, alternating between red and blue all the way around the bundt cake.
Once I had my pattern of red and blue all the way around my bundt cake, I poured in the remaining batter, being careful not to smear the red and blue colors together. Then I simply popped my Red, White & Blue Bundt Cake into the oven for 35-45 minutes until it was baked completely (insert a toothpick in the middle to check for doneness – if it comes it out clean, your cake is done!). Once my cake was baked to perfection, I allowed it to cool completely and then flipped it onto a serving plate. Now I was ready to ice this fun cake. I quickly grabbed my frosting and placed it in the microwave for long enough to soften it (about 30-45 seconds) and then simply poured it over the top of the bundt cake. After sprinkling on my festive sprinkles, I allowed my frosting to harden and my Red, White & Blue Bundt Cake was ready to serve.
I’m telling you, this Red, White & Blue Bundt Cake is sure to be the hit of all of your 4th of July festivities. Whether you’re celebrating with friends, hanging with family or going to a pot-luck gathering, be sure serve up this fun, patriotic dessert that everyone will adore.
Happy 4th of July, ya’ll!