Now that winter has officially arrived (brrrr) we’ve of course having school closings. In my home that means days curled up in front of our favorite movies and time spent baking with the kids. My youngest son loves nothing more than spending cold winter days in a warm kitchen coming up with some fun creation. So, yesterday when I asked him what he wanted to make, I wasn’t surprised at all when he said donuts. While I keep basic ingredients for baking some of our favorite treats in my pantry, I knew that to make these donuts really amazing we would have to get creative. With a little chocolate milk and some smashed up peanut butter and chocolate sandwich cookies, we were able to create Peanut Butter and Chocolate Glazed Donuts that are beyond amazing and the perfect sweet treat for cold winter days.
I promise you that you will love the taste and texture of these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Glazed Baked Donuts. In fact, both my boys declared them better than fried donuts and the best part is, they are so simple to make. With just a few everyday ingredients, any day is the perfect day for this sweet treat. Here’s how to make them!
- 8 tablespoons of salted butter
- ½ cup of oil
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 cups of milk
- 5 cups of flour
- 2 cups of Confectioner's sugar
- ⅛ cup of chocolate milk
- 14 peanut butter and chocolate sandwich cookies
- Cream together the butter, oil and both sugars.
- Add in the eggs and continue mixing until everything is well combined
- Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Alternate adding one cup of flour and ½ cup of milk (while mixing) until all flour and milk are added.
- Mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Fill a piping bag with the dough and squeeze it into your greased donut molds, filling each one about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake the donuts for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the confectioner's sugar and chocolate milk to create a glaze.
- Crush the sandwich cookies and add them to a bowl.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and then roll it in the cookie pieces.
These peanut butter and chocolate glazed baked donuts use a pretty basic donut recipe pairing with a chocolatey glaze and crunchy peanut butter and chocolate sandwich cookies. To start, I needed to create a basic baked donut. we began by adding butter, oil and both types of sugar to my mixing bowl and creaming it all together.
Next, we added in our eggs and continued to mix the dough.
After mixing in the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla extract, we alternated adding milk and flour until we had a sticky dough that was ready to be turned into tasty baked donuts.
I quickly transferred the donut dough to a piping bag and piped it into our greased donut pan. Then we simply put the donuts in our preheated oven and baked them at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
Once the donuts were baked to perfection, we removed them from the oven and transferred them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
While the donuts were cooling, we mixed the confectioner’s sugar with the chocolate milk and added our sandwich cookies to a bag. Then we used a rolling pen to crush the cookies.
Once the donuts were cooled, we simply dipped them into the chocolate milk glaze.
Then we dipped them into the cookie crumbs.
Seriously, these peanut butter and chocolate glazed baked donuts are so good ya’ll! With every single bite you get a sweet, slightly dense donut, creamy glaze and crunchy cookies that have just a hint of peanut butter and chocolate.
My boys both agreed that this recipe is a snow day must that quickly disappears and since the recipe makes several dozen, we were even able to share with the neighbors.
Take my advice and make sure that you have all the ingredients for these peanut butter and chocolate glazed baked donuts in your home for the next snow day or any day that you want to bake up something sweet with (or for) your family.