Truth: my littlest loves baking with me. Anytime he has a day of school or is at home for any reason, one of his first questions is “What can we bake mama?”. Usually, I try to be prepared and have plenty of tasty ingredients on hand so that he can create something wonderful but this week, the snow really snuck up on me and I didn’t have time to get to the store before the roads got a little slippery. When I went to take stock on my pantry and come up with a baking project for him, I was pretty much down to the basics. However, these Easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies only required a few basic ingredients and let me tell you, they are so stinkin’ good!
I love that these easy Chocolate Chunk cookies are fluffy and filled with huge chunks of chocolate. If your family loves chocolate chip cookies, this is a recipe you’ll want to add to your “sweet treats” box! Here’s how to make them:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 large milk chocolate bars
- Soften the butter until it is slightly runny. Add it to a mixing bowl and cream together with the sugars.
- Once the butter and sugar mixture is smooth, add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix just long enough to combine.
- Pour in the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix just until the dough is crumbly.
- Chop the milk chocolate bars into course pieces and mix into the dough with your hands.
- Roll golf ball sized cookies out of the dough and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool on a cooling rack and serve.
These easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies use a simple dough and roughly chopped milk chocolate bars to create cookie perfection. To start, I softened my butter until it slightly runny (about 20 seconds in the microwave will do). Then I added it to my mixer and creamed it together with my two different sugars. Once my sugars and butter were smooth, I added in my eggs and vanilla extract and mixed them in just long enough to combine them.
Next, I added my flour, baking soda and salt to my liquid mixture and combined them. It’s important not to over-mix this dough and it will look crumbly when it’s mixed right.
Once my dough was ready, I chopped my milk chocolate bars up into chunks. You can use chocolate chips for this step but I really like the way the chopped up chocolate looks and it lets me get bigger chunks of chocolate in every bite of these easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
I mixed the chocolate chunks into my dough using my hands and then rolled golf ball sized balls of dough out of it. Then I placed my dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
My easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies went into the oven at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. These cookies keep a “blonde” look so it’s important not to wait for them to turn brown on the top. Once they were baked to perfection, I removed them from the oven and transferred them to a cooling rack.
Once they had cooled slightly, I served up a few to my family with milk and added the rest to a bag to freeze for later.
Trust me when I say that every bite of these easy Chocolate Chunk cookies are packed with chocolate and fluffy cookie and they truly are delicious!
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it here↓↓↓
Now tell me, who in your family would love these easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies?