Admission: I fell a little off the keto wagon over the holiday season and while I’ve been holding on for dear life, it’s been dragging me behind it these last two months. I’ve been trying so hard to get back on track with counting my macros and tracking my food (and exercise but dear mercy that’s a whole different struggle) but truthfully, I’ve been struggling to get back to 100% compliant and I personally think it’s because my sweet tooth has been acting all types of ways. It’s like there is this Star Wars like invisible force that pushes me toward the cookies that I do, in fact, keep in the pantry for the kiddos. After all, ya’ll, just because I’m keto crazy doesn’t mean they are. Recently, I’ve found that I do pretty well though the day. I eat mostly on plan. I close my rings on my watch. But then, I just crave a little bit of sweet and I’m right off the rails again. So, I decided the only way to combat this bad habit was to whip up something that satisfied my sweet tooth while still keeping me on track with my Keto lifestyle. While I know 100% there there are some good Keto treats out there, let me tell you that these Keto Friendly Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites that have less than 2 net grams of carbs per bite and beyond delicious and exactly what this sweets loving mama needed to get back on track.
I’m sure many of you have seen those memes on Facebook that ask what you would choose if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life. Well, ya’ll, for me it would be a tie between peanut butter and cheesecake. Yup, give me a big old spoon and a jar a peanut butter and I’m one happy lady. Add a cheesecake to that and nirvana has been reached. However, as part of my Keto lifestyle, I limit peanut butter and don’t try to avoid regular cheesecake. However, I found that I can take these two favorite foods, mix them together with a couple of Keto friendly ingredients and create absolute perfection. Trust me when I say these Keto Friendly Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites are decadent, creamy, sweet and totally filling. So let me show you exactly how I made them because they will be stocked in my refrigerator at all times going forward.
- For the Crust
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of Sverve sugar substitute
- Dash of salt
- For the Filling
- 16 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of Sverve sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of Justin's peanut butter
- Sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, sugar substitute, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter and mix it into the dry ingredients.
- Once combined, divide evenly between 36 greased mini cupcake molds, using your fingers to push it down into the bottom of the molds.
- Bake the crust at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until it begins to turn brown on top.
- Remove the crusts from the oven.
- While the crusts are cooling, add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Once smooth, cream in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Finally, warm the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and then mix it into the cheesecake mixture.
- Once the mixture is well combined, spoon it on top of the crusts, filling each mini cupcake tin completely.
- Tap the cupcake molds gently to help the filling settle.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until the middle of each cheesecake is only slightly jiggly.
- Allow the peanut butter cupcake bites to cool for 10 minutes and then refrigerate them for at least four hours.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and melted sugar free dark chocolate (optional).
The only thing better than how tasty these Keto Friendly Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites are is how easy they are to make. Seriously, with just a few simple ingredients you’ll have a bite sized snack (perfect to prevent over-eating) that you can feel good about. To start, I mixed together my almond flour, coconut flour, sugar substitute, cinnamon and salt. Then I melted my butter and poured it into my dry mixture.
After mixing everything together, I divided my crust mixture evenly between 36 greased mini cupcake tins, pushing the mixture gently down into each tin.
Once my crusts were prepared, I popped them into an oven than was preheated to 300 degrees and cooked them for 10 minutes. I knew they were ready when the sides started turning brown (and truthfully, when my kitchen started smelling awesome). After removing my crusts from the oven, I set them aside to cool while I made the peanut butter cheesecake filling to go in them. To do this, I added my cream cheese to the mixing bowl of my blender and whipped it until it was smooth and creamy. Then I added in my sugar substitute, eggs and vanilla extract and blended it until it was well combined.
Once my cheesecake filling was complete, I microwaved my peanut butter for about 30 seconds (just to soften it) and then mixed it into the cheesecake filling.
With my peanut butter cheesecake filling ready, all I had to do was spoon it into my tins (I used a melon baller that was just the right size), filling each tin to the top.
Then I gently tapped my tins to help the filling settle and cooked them at 300 degrees for 12-15 minutes. I could tell that they were done when the sides were firm but the center was still slightly jiggly. Once they were cooked, I allowed them to cool for about ten minutes and then put the in the refrigerator for four hours. When they came out the the refrigerator, the Keto Friendly Peanut Butter Cheesecake bites were easy to pop out of the molds.
As a finishing touch, I topped my Keto Friendly Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites with whipped cream and a drizzle of sugar free dark chocolate and they were ready to serve.
I’m so seriously when I say that this sweet treat is absolute Keto perfection. It’s rich and sweet and totally satisfies my sweet tooth in the best way possible while having less than 2 net carbs per bite.
If you’re looking for the perfect way to trick your sweet tooth while on the Keto diet, this is it!
Love this recipe? Pin it here↓↓↓
Then tell me, who do you know that would love this Keto friendly sweet treat?