When I said that I wanted to find a way to have my family eat at home more at the beginning of the year, the restrictions we are now under were not the way that I intended to do it. These last few weeks at home have forced me to really buckle down, pull out old recipes and create new dishes to keep things interesting. But the problem is that with homeschooling all day and trying to keep the house in order, I don’t really FEEL like cooking most times. So, I’ve been working on recipes that are so easy they almost cook themselves. Some have been a failure. Some have been pretty good. But none have been as delicious as these 15 minute Steak and Cheese Wraps.
The great thing about these 15 minutes Steak and Cheese Wraps is that they really stretch your food. In fact, you can make two to three meals out of one pan and they are so quick and easy. During a time where food can be a little more difficult to find and most of us are tired of cooking, I encourage you to try this easy and delicious dish that’s perfect for family dinners. Here’s how to make them.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 16 ounces of steak with fat removed
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon of A1 Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of thin Provolone cheese
- 1 cup of lettuce
- 8 Tortilla wraps in flavor of choice
- Slice the steak into thin slices.
- Add the steak, A1 sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to a bowl and toss well to mix.
- Over medium heat, cook the steak and diced onion for 8-10 minutes, depending on how rare you want the steak.
- Two minutes before the steak is done, place the provolone cheese in a layer on top and allow it to melt.
- Spread mayonnaise on your tortilla wrap and add lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with the steak, onion and cheese mixture and roll it up.
- Cut it in half and serve it immediately.
To start these flavorful yet easy 15 minute Steak and Cheese Wraps, I sliced my steak into thin strips and removed any visible fat. I then added it to a bowl with A1 sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and tossed it until all of the steak was covered.
Once my steak was seasoned, I added my olive oil to a pan along with the steak and diced up onion and cooked it over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
About two minutes before my steak was ready to be removed from the heat, I layered on my slices of provolone cheese and allowed them to melt over the top as my steak and onions finished cooking.
As soon as my cheese was melted, I removed the steak mixture from the heat and laid out my tortillas. Then I added mayonnaise and lettuce to each tortilla. I topped the lettuce with the cheesy steak mixture and rolled it all up.
After cutting my 15 minute Steak and Cheese Wraps in half, my easy dish was ready to serve.
As I said earlier, this dish is not only flavorful but it can create several meals and stretch out your meal to make it last longer. Simple store the rest of the steak mixture in a container in the refrigerator and reheat when you need another quick and easy meal.