In case it’s not already clear, I’ve been trying to get rid of this quarantine weight by jumping back onto the Keto diet. I’ll be honest and admit that I switch back and forth between low carb and Keto but the more I’m experimenting, the more I’m enjoying a Keto lifestyle. For me, it’s all about coming up with flavorful recipes that don’t get old. However, I like simplicity as much as I like the ability to create great recipes. When those two world collide (as they often do), I’m able to find a dish that I can’t get enough of… like these Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Boats.
These Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Boats are as flavorful as they are easy and I’m gonna be honest, they have been making multiple weekly lunch appearances in my home. By combing the robust flavor of buffalo chicken with creamy ranch dressing and crunch lettuce, these Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Boats leave me feeling completely satisfied while staying on track with my Keto lifestyle. Here’s how to make them.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Romaine Lettuce hearts
- Ranch dressing and green onions for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker greased with cooking spray.
- Place the coconut oil in a medium bowl and microwave for approximately 45 seconds or until the oil has melted.
- Add the hot sauce to the coconut oil.
- Mix in the salt and garlic powder, stirring it well.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the chicken breasts and cook for 1.5 to 2.5 hours on high (or 4-5 hours on low).
- Once the chicken it cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it.
- Return the shredded chicken to the liquid in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax seeds and water until you have a slurry mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the shredded chicken and stir to thicken.
- Continue cooking for 20-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the chicken on Romaine lettuce boats.
- Drizzle with ranch and top with green onions is desired.
These Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Boats are so easy to make and I can guarantee you’re gonna love them. Even better, they come together in the slow cooker, meaning less work and more flavor. To start, I added my chicken breasts to my slow cooker (you can also use Chicken thighs if you prefer).
Next, I added my coconut oil to a small bowl and melted it. Once the coconut oil was melted, I added in my hot sauce, salt and garlic powder and stirred it together well.
After pouring the hot sauce mixture over my chicken, I simple covered it, turned on my slow cooker and let it do all the hard work. These Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce cups cook for 1.5 to 2.5 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low. When my chicken was cooked, I opened up my slow cooker, shredded the chicken and the placed it back in the liquid.
Now, I could have stopped here but I like a thicker buffalo sauce so I added my ground flax seeds and 1 tablespoon of water to a bowl and mixed it together to get a slurry mixture. I then added the slurry mixture back into the chicken and continued cooking it for 20-30 minutes. This caused the buffalo sauce to really thicken up and get a good consistency so that it wouldn’t run off my lettuce boats. Once my sauce was thick, I simply spooned the buffalo chicken mixture onto Romaine lettuce leave and drizzled some Ranch dressing and diced green onions over the top. And voila! Lunch time perfection!
These Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Boats are the perfect way to stay on track while serving up a flavorful meal that anything but boring! I hope you’ll give them a try today!