I know I’ve been MIA for quite a few weeks. With everything going on in this crazy world, we packed up and went to the coast to stay with my mom for a few weeks, which turned into a few months (after quarantining of course!). During that time, I took a moment to step back from everything that’s going on. We were in a very protected environment and in truth, it was the first time in as long as I can remember that I’ve taken a break to just, well, be. I focused on the kids. I focused on exercise. I focused on how I was eating. I got really interested in nutrition and listened to about a million podcasts on the Keto diet. And during all of it, I worked on new recipes. It was a refining time for me and I’m thankful to say that I can home much more grounded that I’ve been in, well, forever. So, yes, I”ll be back around more. Yes, I’ll have more recipes. Yes, I’ll be focusing more (although not 100% of the time) on Keto options for the whole family. And today I wanted to start by sharing an easy Keto One Pan Chicken Casserole recipe that’s perfect for back-to-school (whether your kids are back in person or virtual). Let’s get started!
This E-A-S-Y Keto One Pan Mexican Casserole is flavorful, simple and super low in carbs (approximately 6 net carbs per serving) making it the perfect weeknight dinner choice for Keto families and those who aren’t. Get ready to add this tasty dish to your weekly meal plan and then, let’s get it made!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- ⅓ cup of sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- ½ tbsp of cumin
- ½ tbsp of sea salt
- ¼ tbsp of black pepper
- ¼ tbsp of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of oregano
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ⅛ tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 1 and ½ cups of riced cauliflower
- 1 and ½ cups of shredded mexican cheese
- Sour cream, diced avocado and chopped green onions for garnish (if desired)
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until it is almost cooked through.
- Add the onion and continue to cook.
- Mix together the seasonings and add to the onion and beef mixture. Mix well.
- Add in the tomatoes and riced cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Add in the broth and continue to mix while reducing the heat to low.
- Cook for approximately three minutes until the cauliflower softens and the broth is absorbed.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and cover.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with sour cream, avocado and green onion.
This dish is so simple to make and yet it’s so satisfying! In fact, it’s a kid and adult favorite! To start, I simple brown my ground beef until it’s almost cooked. Then I add in my diced onion and continue cooking till it is done.
Once my meat and onions are cooked, I mix together my taco spices and add them in, stirring them into the mixture.
With my seasoned meat ready, I add my diced tomatoes and riced cauliflower (simple add fresh cauliflower to your food processor to make your own) and stir it all together. Finally I add my broth, reduce the heat to medium low and cook the entire mixture for about 3 minutes to soften the cauliflower rice.
Once my mixture is hot and bubbly and most of the broth has cooked out, I sprinkle my cheese over the top and cover the skillet for long enough to allow my cheese to melt (about 3 to 4 minutes).
Then I plate it up, add sour cream, diced avocado and green onions to the top and I have the perfect, simple meal that’s totally delicious and fits in with my Keto lifestyle.
This Keto One Pan Mexican Casserole is a must add to your weekly meal plan dish and I think it’s a must try!