My oldest son is crazy about some Chicken Parm. He would eat it every single night if I let him and while I have a variety of ways to create the classic dish, I’ve been spending my extra kitchen time during quarantine coming up with new takes on some classic dishes. Combine this with the fact that I am, of course, living my best Keto life and the substitutions keep on coming. With a little change here, a little creativity there and a willingness to fail big time on my way to creating the perfect dish, I’ve been coming up with meals that are a hit for our whole family. That’s exactly why I know that everyone in YOUR family will adore this easy Keto Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf recipe.
While this Keto Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf keeps the carbs low, it’s not light on flavor if you’re not into the low-carb lifestyle (or just don’t have almond flour on hand) you can totally substitute regular flour and you’ve got a dish that everyone will still adore. But let’s stick with my Keto-friendly recipe for now and make this Keto Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf.
- 2 pounds of lean ground chicken
- ¾ cups of finely ground almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of powdered Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cups of pesto
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of marinara sauce (I recommend Rao's for low-carb)
- Add the ground chicken, almond flour, eggs and powdered Parmesan cheese to a bowl and combine well.
- Place half of the mixture into the bottom of a 12 inch bread pan.
- Using your fingers, create a groove in the middle of the meat mixture, pushing the sides up to form a bowl.
- Pour the pesto sauce into the middle of the meat.
- Top with ½ of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the remainder of the ground chicken mixture and use your fingers to push it down around the edges to seal in the pesto and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove from the oven, top with the marinara sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature of the ground chicken is 160.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then cut into slices and serve.
This Keto Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf is seriously simple to make but it tastes like a million bucks! To start, I added my ground chicken, almond flour, eggs and Parmesan cheese to a mixing bowl and combined it well.
Next, I added half of the chicken mixture to my greased 12 inch bread pan (I like to use a bread pan for simplicity but you can also use a glass casserole dish) and used my fingers to push down the center portion and create a small lip around the sides. Once I had done this, I added my pesto sauce into the hollowed out section of the chicken.
Next, I sprinkled half of my mozzarella cheese on top of the pesto sauce.
I then topped the pesto and cheese with the remainder of my chicken mixture and again, used my fingers to push down the edges, effectively sealing the set ingredients into the center of my two layers of chicken.
I then popped my Keto Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf into the oven on 350 degrees for one hour. Once it was mostly cooked, I removed it from the oven and poured my marinara sauce over the top. Then I sprinkled the remainder of my mozzarella cheese over the marinara sauce and placed it back in the oven to cook for 10 more minutes.
I used a meat thermometer to make sure my chicken was cooked to 160 degrees internally to ensure that my Keto Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf was done and then removed it from the oven and allowed it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
Once my Keto Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf was slightly cooled, I cut it into slices and served it with a side of salad for a dish that’s truly a family favorite.
Seriously, this dish has it all! Flavor, variety and the best part is, it’s easy to serve and a perfect solution for busy weeknights!
Whether you’re Keto, low-carb or simply looking for a dish to mix up dinner, be sure to add this easy recipe to your meal plan for this week.