I know it took a little time for the sports season to kick off this year but we’re finally into the swing of watching games on the weekends and I’ve been doing my best to whip up some tasty snacks for when we do. My boys love all the traditional dishes but with my low carb lifestyle, I’m rethinking game day foods and coming up with some keto classics that work well whether you’re vegging out in front of the TV or looking for something new and exciting to put on the dinner table. One of those dishes is this easy Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe. It take the taste of traditional chicken wings and gives them a delicious spin that you don’t want to miss!
These Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are so easy to make and they are bursting with flavor because I add green onion, glue cheese and (shhhh!) pork rinds to the actual meatball mixture! Yup, you heard me right…..there are pork rinds in these meatballs and it makes them amazing. Here’s how to whip them up yourself.
- 2.5 pounds of ground chicken
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of diced green onions
- 1 ounce of celery
- 2 ounces of plain pork rinds
- 3 tablespoons of Flavor God Hot Wing seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of avocado mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 3 ounces of blue cheese
- 1 cup of hot sauce
- Place the pork rinds in a bag and crush them.
- Mix together the ground chicken, eggs, crushed pork rinds, hot wings seasoning, diced green onions, diced celery, mayonnaise, garlic and 2 ounces of the blue cheese in a bowl until it's all combined.
- Shape the chicken mixture into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and add them to a cast iron skillet.
- Pour the hot sauce over the top and return to the oven for 5 minutes to warm the hot sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining ounce of blue cheese over the top and add some more diced green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Trust me when I say these Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are totally worth making. While they are great for game day, I find myself making them for meals as well because they are just so flavorful. In fact, my youngest (who is a picky eater) has proclaimed this his favorite food! To make them I add my pork rinds to a bag and crush them. Then I put them in a bowl along with my ground chicken, diced green onion, diced celery, Flavor God Hot Wings seasoning, eggs, mayonnaise, garlic and 2 ounces of the blue cheese.
After using my hands to mix all the ingredients together well, I shape my mixture into meatballs. I like to make my meatballs about golf ball size.
Once all my Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are prepared, I place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. I like to use a meat thermometer and check them starting at about 15 minutes and I remove them from the oven as soon as they hit an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Once I’ve taken my cooked Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs out of the oven, I transfer them to a cast iron skillet and drizzle my hot sauce over the top.
Then I place the skillet back in the oven for about 5 minutes, just long enough to get the hot sauce warm and bubbly. Once my hot sauce is warm, I remove my skillet from the oven and sprinkle my remaining blue cheese over the top. Finally I drizzle on some more diced green onions and my delicious Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are ready to serve!
They are the perfect finger food for game days that are Keto-friendly.
And even better, it’s easy to make them into a whole meal by serving them up on a bed of wilted spinach! Yum!
This easy dish is the perfect way to spice up dinner time, game day or anytime! Enjoy!