‘Tis the season for holiday baking but if you’re anything like me, you’re keeping things a little simpler this year. While I’m spending my fair share of time in the kitchen with my littlest whipping up treats from teachers, friends and neighbors, I’m totally not above finding (and using) shortcuts that make my holiday treats totally amazing. I’ve always loved KISS Cookies myself and this year I decided to give them a festive and delicious spin for gifting by replacing the cookie dough with boxed brownie mix (with one simple add in) and pairing it with white chocolate wrapped KISSES. The end result is a treat so delicious and so easy to make that it will instantly become a must-try on your holiday baking list. Here’s how to make my easy Christmas Brownie KISS Cookies!
I’ll be the first to admit that while I totally can make most things from scratch, I’m not above using a box mix, especially when the kids want to bake with me and I know that their attention span is limited. I mean, why make things harder on myself when I can let the experts step in and help out, right? That’s how I came up with these adorable Christmas Brownie KISS Cookies and let me tell you, whether for gifting or for your family, they are a fun way to make the holidays sweet! Let’s make them!
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (prepared with eggs and oil according to the directions on the box).
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of red decorating sugar
- 24 White Chocolate KISSES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
- Once the dough is ready, mix in the cocoa powder (this give the dough a little more stability).
- Freeze the brownie dough for 30 minutes to harden it.
- Once cold, roll the dough into one inch balls.
- Immediately, roll the brownie balls in the decorating sugar, covering them complete.
- Place the prepared balls of brownie dough on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and place one unwrapped White Chocolate KISS in the middle of each one.
- Transfer the Christmas Brownie KISS Cookies to a cooling rack and allow to coll completely before packing them up for gifting or enjoying them yourself.
This Christmas Brownie KISS Cookies recipe is super simple but oh-so-festive and totally delicious! To make it, simply grab a box of your favorite brownie mix and make it according to the directions on the package. Once the brownie batter is mixed, add it the cocoa powder and combine it (this gives the dough a little more stability). You can immediately roll your dough into balls at this point but I like to freeze my brownie batter for 30 minutes because it makes it easier to roll up. Once the brownie batter is chilled, simply roll it into one inch balls.
Immediately transfer the brownie batter balls into a bowl with the red decorating sugar and roll them completely until they are covered in the sugar.
Next, transfer each of the sugar-covered brownie dough balls to a baking sheet, leaving them at least an inch apart. Once all the brownie balls are made, bake them at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. They will spread out some and will still be slightly soft in the middle when they are done. As soon as the cookies are baked, remove them from the oven and press an unwrapped White Chocolate KISS into the middle of each one.
Once the KISSES are in place, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before packing them up to share or enjoying them yourself.
This fun, festive little Christmas treat is so much fun to share or great to have on hand when you want to give the family a little something sweet without tons of extra effort. Add these Christmas Brownie KISS Cookies to your holiday baking list today and enjoy!