It’s no secret that I live a Keto lifestyle and while there aren’t too many things I miss, bread is definitely one that I do! I’ll tell you truthfully, I haven’t had bread in 8 months. The Keto varieties that I’ve tried just don’t appeal to me so I’ve skipped it for so very long. But I miss bread. I love bread. And while I won’t even be eating it on a daily basis again, there are certain meals that just need bread with them (think warm soups and chili). That’s why I’m so excited that I’ve found the perfect recipe for those winter dishes that need a bread side. These Savory Keto Muffins are easy, cheesy and truthfully taste a little like cornbread but have only 2 little net carbs per muffin. Trust me when I tell you that this Savory Keto Muffins recipe is one you’ll want to try whether you’re living a low carb lifestyle or not. In fact, these disappeared from our dinner table faster than any tradition muffin or biscuit ever has! Let me show you how to make them.
Before we get to the recipe for these Savory Keto Muffins, let me assure you that I’ve tried a variety of keto breads, both store bought and homemade, and most of them leave me sad because they are dry and don’t have a ton of flavor. That is so NOT the case with this recipe. In fact, these are some of the best savory muffins I’ve tasted, low carb or not. So, let’s get started on a nice, warm batch!
- 4 tablespoons of Kerrygold salted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of full fat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of shredded Mexican Cheese (plus ¼ cup for topping)
- 1 and ½ cups of finely ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoons of calorie free confectioner's sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of pink sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, calorie free confectioner's sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and cream cheese.
- Mix the eggs and sour cream into the melted butter mixture.
- Stir in ½ cup of shredded Mexican cheese.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into lined cupcake tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, sprinkle a little more cheese over the top and continue to cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
I’m not kidding when I say that these Savory Keto Muffins are the easiest (and most satisfying) side ever and with less than 2 net carbs per muffin, you won’t blow your goals by enjoying them! To start this simple recipe, I whisked whisked together my almond flour, baking powder, calorie free confectioner’s sugar (I used Swerve brand) and pink sea salt in a small bowl. In a separate bowl I melted my butter and cream cheese together. Once it cooled slightly, I beat in my eggs and sour cream. Then I simply stirred in my Mexican blend cheese (you can use any variety of cheese).
Once I had all of my wet ingredients and cheese combined well, I poured in my almond flour mixture.
I mixed together my dry and wet ingredients just long enough to combine them well (they will still be slightly lumpy) and then I used a ice cream scoop to fill my lined muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full with the Savory Keto Muffins mixture.
Once I had divided my muffin batter evenly between 9 cupcake tins, I placed them in the oven on 425 degrees for ten minutes. When they had turned golden brown on the top, I sprinkled a little more Mexican blend cheese over then (this is totally optional – I just love cheese) and cooked them for one more minute so the cheese melted on top. Then I removed the muffins from the oven and served them immediately.
These muffins are tender and moist and when you break them in half, they are warm muffin goodness in the best way possible.
No matter what warm soup or dish you’re serving up this winter, I promise these Savory Keto Muffins are the perfect side to complete your dish in the most delicious Keto way. Enjoy!