Valentine’s Day has really snuck up on me this year. With everything going on and how crazy the kids’ school schedules have been, it didn’t hit me until this week that I needed to whip up some sweets for my sweetheart. In the past I’ve ordered some of his favorite things but this year I decided that I wanted to go the homemade route. After seeing a local store that was selling chocolate covered macadamia nuts (his favorite nut), I thought I’d try my hand at this easy treat. I substituted white chocolate and added some festive sprinkles and I’ll be honest, I didn’t wait to give this sweet treat because these White Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts are a deliciously simple way to show love not just on Valentine’s Day but any day!
I’ll be the first to admit that I often find it easier just to pick up edible gifts but with more time at home this year, I guess my approach was why not make them myself? After all, it’s not hard to cover, well, anything in chocolate and it is sometimes difficult to find white chocolate covered treats which my hubby adores. With four ingredients, 20 minutes and pretty much no effort, these White Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts are a perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Here’s how to make them.
- 1 cup of salted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- Valentine's sprinkles
- Add the white chocolate chips and avocado oil to a bowl.
- Microwave for 45 seconds, stir and then microwave again for an additional 30 seconds or until mostly melted.
- Stir the mixture until it is a smooth consistency.
- Add in the macadamia nuts and use a fork to cover them completely in white chocolate.
- With the fork, remove the macadamia nuts from the chocolate, tapping them gently to remove any excess chocolate and set them on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the top of the white chocolate covered macadamia nuts with Valentine's sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to harden (about 20 minutes) and then store in an air tight container.
If you’re like me and thing that chocolate covered gifts are literally the best, you’re gonna love how simple these white chocolate covered macadamia nuts are to make. To start, I added one cup of white chocolate chips and one teaspoon of avocado oil (you can use any oil this is just my preference) to a bowl and microwaved it for 45 seconds. After stirring the chocolate, I microwaved it again for 30 seconds and then continued to stir the mixture until the it was smooth and creamy.
Once my chocolate was ready, I added my SALTED (this is very important) macadamia nuts to the chocolate and used a fork to gently stir them around until they were all covered with white chocolate.
Once my macadamia nuts were covered with white chocolate, I used my form to remove them from the bowl, tapping them gently to remove any excess white chocolate and then set them on parchment paper. Immediately, I sprinkled my Valentine’s sprinkles over the top so that they would stick to the white chocolate, giving the white chocolate covered macadamia nuts a festive flair.
After allowing my white chocolate covered macadamia nuts to set for about 20 minutes so that the chocolate could harden, this easy Valentine’s Day treat was ready for gifting.
You can serve these us immediately or package them up in an air tight container. Either way, you’ve got the perfect crunchy, salty, sweet Valentine’s Day treat to give to friends, family and loved ones!