It’s been rainy here the last few days and truthfully, there is nothing I love more on a rainy day than baking cookies. It just scents the house with love and when the kids walk in from school, they are beyond excited when there are warm, homemade cookies on the counter. It doesn’t matter to them whether I’m serving up chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies or chocolate cookies but lately, I’ve been on a peanut butter kick. We eat a LOT of peanut butter in our home and both they boys are crazy about it. However, I hadn’t come up with the ultimate peanut butter cookie that really does justice to this favorite food….until now! These ultimate peanut butter cookies are fluffy, oversized and packed with peanut butter flavor and the best part is, they are ready in less than 20 minutes! Total win right? Want to know how to make them? Read on to discover your new favorite peanut butter cookie recipe that’s gooey on the inside, crisp on the outside and packed to the brim with peanut butter flavor!
Everyone is familiar with the peanut butter cookies that are smashed down with a fork to create perfect lines but why go small and flat when you can go big and fluffy? Seriously, these ultimate peanut butter cookies are the king (in both size and flavor) of peanut butter cookies and they are SO easy to make!
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cheesecake extract
- ½ cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 and ¼ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- Cream the butter and sugar together in your stand mixer.
- Add in the egg, peanut butter and extracts and mix well (Note: If you don't have cheesecake extract, simple use 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract but I promise you the cheesecake extract is extra good!)
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and add it slowly to the wet mixture, mixing constantly.
- Once your dough has formed, fold in the peanut butter chips with a large spoon.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out large cookies onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool before serving.
To start these ultimate peanut butter cookies, I added my butter (left on the counter to reach room temperature) and brown sugar to my mixing bowl and creamed it together. Once it was well combined, I mixed in my egg, peanut butter and both of my extracts and continued to mix until the mixture was smooth.
Once I had a smooth mixture, I whisked together my flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and then added it SLOWLY to my wet mixture, mixing the whole time. I didn’t over mix it and simple let all the ingredients combine well to form a thick, sticky dough.
Once my ultimate peanut butter cookie dough was ready, I took things up a level by mixing in peanut butter chips for that extra burst of peanut flavor in every bite.
Once my peanut butter chips were mixed in, I simply grabbed an ice cream scoop and scooped out large cookies onto my linked baking sheet (trust me when I say with these cookies, bigger IS better!).
I placed my huge peanut butter cookies into the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, just long enough for the edges to brown while leaving the middles gooey and delicious.
Once my cookies were baked, I removed them from the oven, allowed them to cool slightly (5-10 minutes will do it) and then served up these ultimate peanut butter cookies that my entire family adores.
Trust me when I say this is the LAST peanut butter cookie recipe you’ll ever want to try and the addition of the peanut butter chips just takes it over the top. If you’re a peanut butter lover, give this easy recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!