Since getting my Air Fryer for Christmas (thanks hubby) I’ve been frying all the things. Seriously, every night I find something new to put in the air fryer to give it a delicious, crispy spin. While at first I was going with traditional air fryer ideas, the most comfortable I’m getting with my new device, the more I’m feeling like experimenting with fun recipes and creative dishes. I’ve been wanting to try an air fryer dessert dish for quite a while and earlier this week I decided to go big or go home and whip up some absolutely drool worthy Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls in the air fryer.
I fully understand that when you think egg rolls you probably think a savory dish. I did too. But truly egg rolls can be a fun dessert and they bring a little playfulness to the table that’s just awesome. By using basic egg roll wrappers and stuffing them with a cheesecake mixture and fresh strawberries, I was able to create these Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls and then air fry them to perfection. Here’s how I did it.
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (diced)
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Chocolate sauce for dipping (optional)
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract in a mixer.
- Dice the strawberries into small pieces.
- Once at a time pull out the eggroll wrappers and add a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture to the center.
- Top with strawberries.
- Fold over the edge of the egg roll wrapper and then fold in the sides.
- Roll the egg roll tight and use a drop of water to seal.
- Spray the egg rolls with cooking spray.
- Air fry at 390 degrees for 5-6 minutes, until crispy.
- Top with confectioner's sugar and strawberries.
- Serve with chocolate for dipping.
These Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls are so easy to make and trust me when I say they are totally delicious. To start I added my cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract to my mixer and combined until it was creamy.
Then I cut my strawberries into small pieces.
With my filling for my Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls made, I laid out my egg roll wrappers and added a tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture and some chopped strawberries to the middle of each on and then folded over the top, tucked in the edges and rolled it tight, using a little water to secure the egg roll wrapper at the end.
Once my Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Folls were rolled, I sprayed them with cooking spray to help them crisp and arranged them in my air fryer, being sure that they did not touch (you will need to cook it batches).
After preheating my air fryer to 390 degrees, I air fried my Strawberry Cheesecake egg rolls for 5-6 minutes, until they were crispy (you can go longer for a darker brown look). Once my egg rolls were ready, I removed them from the air fryer, sprinkled confectioner’s sugar over the top and added the remainder of my diced strawberries. After adding a bowl of chocolate sauce for dipping to my plate, my Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls were ready to serve.
These Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Folls made in the air fryer are a fun and delicious spring and summer treat that are outside of the box and oh so delicious and they are the perfect way to whip up a little something sweet in the air fryer. I hope you will try them today!