As a mom, I’m always on the lookout for ways to make meals memorable. My kids both love pull apart meals and truthfully, they are a fun way to make a variety of recipes a little bit more fabulous. So, earlier this week when I saw a recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Muffins on Tablespoon, I was intrigued. Inspired by their unique twist on pull apart foods, I decided to whip up some of my own pull apart muffins with a pizza-rific spin. My Pull Apart Pizza Muffins are fun to make, perfect for little hands and crazy delicious!
While pull apart pizza muffins are nothing new, this fabulous recipes pairs pizza crust with pizza sauce, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni pieces to make a fun new way to enjoy pizza that’s easy to take on-the-go or enjoy at home. Honestly, you can use any variety of pizza toppings to make these Pull Apart Pizza Muffins exactly the way you like them! So, let’s make them!
- 2 cans of refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 40 pieces of pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Remove the pizza dough from it's containers and cut it into 54 equal slices.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each of the slices into a circle.
- Starting with a piece of dough, layer, a slice of dough, ¼ teaspoon of pizza sauce, ¼ teaspoon of cream cheese, a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and a piece of pepperoni.
- Repeat the process until you have layered six of the dough pieces on top of each other.
- Push down gently and set the pizza stack in a greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat until you have used all the dough.
- Spray the top of each pizza muffin with cooking spray and sprinkle Italian seasoning over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then serve.
These fun Pull Apart Pizza Muffins are perfect for making with the kids and I’ll be honest, they are even tastier than traditional pizza. To start, we removed our refrigerated pizza dough from the containers and cut it into 54 equal slices. Then, using a rolling pin (or a cup if you’re like us and on vacay without all our regular tools) we rolled each of the dough pieces out into a circle.
Once all our dough was rolled out, we started layering our Pull Apart Pizza Muffins. To do this, we laid a piece of pizza dough on the counter and they layered on our pizza sauce, cream cheese (a must!), mozzarella cheese and a piece of pepperoni.
We repeated this process until each of our pizza muffins were six pieces of dough thick.
We then turned the stack of dough and pizza goodness on it’s side and added one stack to each of our greased muffin tins.
After spraying the top of each of our Pull Apart Pizza Muffins with cooking spray, we sprinkled on some Italian seasoning and then popped the pizza muffins into the oven on 400 degrees for fifteen minutes (cooking these “muffins” a little longer is super important so that the dough gets baked all the way through).
After pulling our Pull Apart Pizza muffins out of the oven and testing the middle to make sure they are done (just pull one apart and make sure the dough in the middle is completely cooked), we allowed them to cool slightly and then served them up.
These Pull Apart Pizza Muffins are so much fun to eat since everyone can grab their own out of the muffin tin and pull apart the layers of pizza goodness as they enjoy each and every bite.
If your family loves pizza and you’re looking for a fun, out-of-the-box dinner that’s sure to delight adults and kids alike, I encourage you to give these Pull Apart Pizza Muffins a try!
Love this recipe? Pin it below so that you can find it easily any time you want to make it!