It’s no secret that we’ve been getting creative in the kitchen during this time at home. My littlest loves to bake and so most days he goes and stands in the pantry and tries to figure out what he can use to make a sweet treat. Usually we cook from scratch but I’ll be honest, I’ve been getting a little lazy lately and looking for shortcuts. So when my little guy asked me if we could make donuts, instead of pulling out all the ingredients, I took a shortcut and helped him whip up these Funfetti Pancake Mix Donuts. With simple, store bought pancake mix and a few ingredients you likely already have in your fridge, you can make these easy donuts that are totally kid approved.
By using pancake mix in this easy baked donut recipe, there’s very little mixing required and you achieve the perfect taste every time. Here’s how to make them.
- For the Donuts
- 2 cups of Funfetti Pancake Mix
- 1 and ½ cups of whole milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- For the Glaze
- 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for topping
- Mix together the Funfetti Pancake mix, milk, egg and sour cream.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag and cut off the tip.
- Pipe the batter into greased donut molds, filling each one about half way full.
- Bake the donuts at 375 degrees for 11 minutes.
- After cooling slightly, flip the donuts out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Once the donuts are cool, mix together the confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Dip each donut into the glaze.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy.
This shocking easy Funfetti Pancake Mix Donuts recipe starts with of course Funfetti Pancake Mix. To make the batter for the donuts, mix together the Funfetti Pancake mix, milk, egg and sour cream (optional but results in a moist donut).
Once the batter is ready, add it to a piping bag.
Cut off the tip of the piping bag and pipe the batter into a greased donut pan, filling each donut mold about half way full.
Cook the donuts at 375 degrees F for 11 minutes, until the tops have turned golden brown. After allowing them to cool slightly (about five mintues) turn them out onto a cooling sheet and cool them completely.
Once the Funfetti Pancake Mix Donuts are cool, mix together the confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla extract for make the glaze. Then dip each donut into the glaze.
Top the donuts with rainbow sprinkles and they are complete!
This easy Funfetti Pancake Mix Donuts recipe is so simple and so delicious and did I mention that it’s crazy fun to make (and eat) with this kids?
Whether you’re celebrating the start of summer or just looking for a sweet way to get cooking, I hope you will make these with YOUR kiddos today.