With the colder weather and more time spent indoors due to, well, lots of things still being closed, I’ve been doing much more baking. While my main focus is usually on treats for the kids, I’ve also been whipping up some Keto treats. I’ve made Keto cheesecake, Keto cookies and I’ll be trying my hand at a Keto birthday cake soon. However, my absolute favorite treat (so far) has been these to-die-for Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars. Seriously you guys, these are so amazingly good that I seriously had to freeze them so I’d stop eating them at every single meal (they are designed to be an every once in a while treat after all!). If you’re low carb or Keto and looking for the perfect dessert, look no further and read on to learn how to make these Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars.
In my opinion, cookie bars are easy. There is no spreading. No shaping. You just mix up the ingredients, pour them in a pan, pop them in the oven and then slice them into pieces. While there are a lot of cookie bar recipes out there, I kid you not when I tell you that these Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars are the BEST ever! Let’s make them!
- 1 block (8 ounces) of cream cheese
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of sugar substitute
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cheesecake extract
- 1 cup of finely ground almond flour
- ⅓ cup of coconut flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of xanthum gum
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 and ½ cups of sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- In a blender, cream together the cream cheese, butter (room temperature), vanilla extract, cheesecake extract and sugar substitute.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between adding each one.
- Slowly, add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and xanthum gum while blending.
- Once the batter has formed, mix in the sugar-free chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes on 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cookie bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy immediately, store in the refrigerator or freeze.
These Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars are such an easy low carb treat that can be whipped up quickly. To start, I added my room temperature cream cheese, room temperature butter, vanilla extract, cheesecake extract (trust me on this addition!) and sugar substitute to my stand mixture and creamed it together. Once it was combined well, I added in my eggs one at a time, mixing each one in completely. Once my eggs were incorporated, I added in my almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and xanthum gum (this is what gives the bars it’s chewy flavor. At this point I had a cookie batter that was thick and smooth.
With my batter made, I simply poured in my sugar-free chocolate chips and pecans and used a spatula to combine the mix-ins with the cookie batter.
Next, I spread my batter into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 glass dish and spread it out evenly.
For an extra bit of sweetness and crunch, I sprinkled a few more sugar-free chocolate ships and pecan pieces over the top and pushed them down into the batter.
With my Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars assembled, I placed them in the oven on 350 degrees for 35-38 minutes, until the top turned golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of them came out clean. Once my cookie bars were cooked to perfection, I removed them from the oven and allowed them to cool completely.
One they were cool, I simply cut them into squares and they were ready to be enjoyed!
And enjoy them I did! Since I’m the only one on the Keto diet in my house, I stored half of the Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars in the refrigerator so I could pull one out when I wanted it and froze the rest for later. These tasty little squares boast less than 3 net carbs per serving and are the perfect way to satisfy my sweet tooth without blowing my macros for the day and I’ll tell you, they are an indulgence that I just adore!
I hope you’ll give this easy recipe for Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars a try and let me know what you think of them in the comments below!